Jan. 24, 1982
MVP: Joe Montana, QB, San Francisco
San Francisco 49ers 26, Cincinnati Bengals 21
Super Bowl XVI was an American football game between the National Football Conference champion San Francisco 49ers and the American Football Conference champion Cincinnati Bengals to decide the National Football League champion for the 1981 season. The 49ers defeated the Bengals by the score of 26–21 to win their first Super Bowl.
The game was played on January 24, 1982, at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. It marked the first time that a Super Bowl was held at a cold-weather city. The domed stadium saved the crowd at the game from the very cold and snowy weather, but the weather did affect traffic and other logistical issues related to the game. Super Bowl XVI also became one of the most watched broadcasts in American television history, with more than 85 million viewers, and a final national Nielsen rating of 49.1 (a 73 share).
Both teams were making their first Super Bowl appearance. The 49ers posted a 13-3 regular season record, and playoff wins over the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys. The Bengals finished the regular season with a 12-4 record, and had postseason victories over the Buffalo Bills and the San Diego Chargers.
* Material: 18kt gold-plated Copper,925 Sterling Silver and Solid Gold rings is available.
* Can be resized.US 7-15# and half size is available.
* High grade studded AAA CZ on top.
* All Stones are prong set by our skilled workers, not glued.
* Deep sharp engraving and 3D Letters.
* Solid ring,No Alloy.
* Weight: about 50 to 65 grams each ring.
* Packing: Luxury Wooden Gift Box.
* Offering Ring Customization(Name & Number) & Engraving.
Free Shipping To worldwide!
Customize High Qulity Championship Rings! What You See is What You Get!
Still looking for more kinds of rings? Do not hesitate to send mail to:Topring@topchampionshiprings.com for further informations.
Current Reviews: 0
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 23 November, 2014.